Please note that the free consolidation/repacking is limited to a time allowance of 1 minute of repacking time per each package/item included in the shipment and applies only to shipments shipped out by Express My Shopping. The free consolidation time allowance is typically sufficient for most shipments requiring a simple removal of original shipping packaging or simple non-sealed product packaging such as shoe boxes, and then repacking the items in an appropriately sized shipping box.
Any request that extends processing time of a shipment beyond the free consolidation time allowance, such as removal of sealed product packaging, individual product price tags, plastic bags from clothing, and/or packing large number of items tightly in a shipping box to maximize shipping box content, or where custom shipping box crafting and packing is required, is considered optional “extended processing” and is billed in addition to the regular fees.
The free consolidation/repacking time allowance does not apply to shipments picked up at Express My Shopping warehouse including shipments shipped using customer provided shipping labels. Any additional processing for such shipments including removal or covering of original shipping labels, repacking or packing tape reinforcement, will be billed as “extended processing” in addition to the regular processing fees.
- Non-consolidated shipment limits (simple re-shipping):
- Any size package up to the carrier limit that does not require special handling equipment other than a cart or a hand truck, and can be re-shipped without re-packing in the original packaging.
- Consolidated shipment limits:
- New packaging: Express My Shopping will provide a strong cardboard shipping box free of charge up to the size of 35 x 17 x 17 inches (89 x 43 x 43 cm) per shipment if shipped by Express My Shopping (does not apply to shipments picked up at the warehouse or shipped using customer provided shipping labels: reused packaging is provided free of charge, if needed, new shipping boxes provided at retail prices).
- Existing packaging: Express My Shopping will insert additional items in one of the consolidated packages if it does not require repacking in a new box regardless of size as long as the package does not exceed carrier limits and does not require special handling equipment other than a cart or a hand truck.
- A handling fee of $10.00 will be added for packages weighing more than 30kg.
Any other shipment that exceeds these limits (i.e. customer needs repacking in a new box over 35 x 17 x 17 inches) will be handled as a “extended processing” request available as an optional service. Upon customer’s request to process such shipment, all cost of custom packing material plus any extended shipment consolidation/repacking time billed will be added to the regular processing fees.